Last Updated: Jan 8, 2020
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit our Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse our Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our Site, and information about how you interact with our Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies facilitate access to our Site, including a more personalized experience, and allow us to collect information about your activity on our Site automatically (for example, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, and the links you click). For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on ourthe Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps. Analyzing log files helps us understand patterns of normal use and detect potentially malicious users.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site (for example, how many times you view a certain page).
MANNER OF COLLECTION
We may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when you:
- place orders for and/or purchase our products;
- visit and/or provide comments on our Site, our Facebook page and other social media webpages that we manage;
- provide feedback on our products or customer service (for example, via email, phone, our Site, or social media pages;
- contact us via phone, email, mail, or our Site inquiry forms;
- apply for employment with us;
- sign-up for an account on our Site or manage/change your account information;
- subscribe to receive our newsletters, or other promotional materials; and
- sign-up to participate in surveys, competitions, or other promotional activities. Please note that our promotions, competitions and surveys are usually subject to their own terms and conditions, which may include additional privacy terms.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through our Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number). We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through our Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When permitted by the marketing preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with our Site, and to assess the success of our marketing, advertising, and targeting campaigns). We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Site or on third party sites.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
If you would like to opt out of the technologies we employ on our Site, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or devices permit.
Please note that choosing not to provide us with certain information may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Site because that information may be required in order for you to register as a user, purchase products, participate in a contest, survey or other promotion, ask a question, or initiate other transactions.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third party service providers to help us use your Personal Information as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store (you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy). We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our Site (you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/). You may also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Content you post to our Site may be displayed on our Site. Other users of our Site may be able to see some information about you when you voluntarily disclose your personal information on publicly-viewable pages, such as your name if you submit a review. We cannot control who reads any information you voluntarily post or what other Site users may do with that information, so we encourage you to exercise caution with respect to your information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of the other Site users who may view and use your publicly posted information.
Finally, we may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Do Not Track is a privacy preference users can set in their web browsers to inform websites and services that the user does not want certain information about their website visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information we collect and that is why we provide the opt=out links above. However, we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser as the internet industry is still working towards defining exactly what Do Not Track means, including what it means to comply with and developing a common approach to responding to Do Not Track signals.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example, if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests as described above. Please note that your information will be transferred, stored, and processed outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through our Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records until you ask us to delete this information.
Although our Site is intended for general audiences, we restrict the use of our Site to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under the age of 18.
NO THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. To help safeguard your Personal Information, we strive to implement and maintain reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store.
However, no method of transmission over the internet, electronic storage, or security system is completely secure. Therefore, although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the Personal Information we have collected from you. Please take care with how you handle and disclose your Personal Information and avid sending personal information through insecure email. You can read more about how to protect yourself against identity theft on the Federal Trade Commission’s website at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/identity-theft.
For more information about our privacy practices, including any questions or complains you may have, please contact us by email or by mail as follows:
[Re: Data Security Officer]
SAN FRANCISCO CA United States